Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm not dead....

As the title says, I'm not dead.

I doubt anyone ever checks this for updates anymore, but I thought I'd start up again - just in case.

Firstly apologies to all my 'loyal fans'. CRAZY times at work June through Sept meant no time for blogging, and since then I'v been lazy.....

Anyway, a run down of the last 7-8 months.

The tournament, Tin soldier, went really well in the end. The pain of comp systems etc forgotten I am in the process of organising Tin Soldier 2.... yeh!

Interesting end to the tournament year.... I was 'close' to getting the invite to the ozzie masters, but in the end getting brained by Doug (aka mutator) at Gaurdcon, put paid to that idea. I did attend the inagural NZ Masters event and managed to win with a flufftatsic Ogre list. The win was helped by an awesome comp score, and 3-4 of "the best" fantasy players in NZ not being available.

I attended Fields of Blood 40k Tournament in Sept, and had a blast. Great fun, and I love my last chancer gaurd list.... very random.

I have recently collected, and painted, a Wood Elf / High Elf army (currently wood elf) and will be going to 2 tournaments, in 2 weeks. 'Over the Top' and then "Fluffycon". Hopefully I'll write about that then.

Recently I've been playing a lot (for me) of games with 'fluffy' Wood Elves. Its been really nice to play nothing but 'friendly' lists for a few months. Interestingly, they tend to result in MUCH closer games (victories by 2-300 points are very common).


So 3 events, and then back to the UK in June...... more later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

About damn time you slack b!stard! What the heck am I supposed to read at work when people stop posting stuff on their blogs?!